So here’s the choice, do you go for a handgun or assault rifle? Well let’s have a look at the pros and cons of each and see what we come up with:
Firstly there are basically two types of handguns, revolvers, and pistols. Traditionally the revolver holds six rounds in a revolving cylinder and was the weapon of choice for cowboys. Pistols, on the other hand, are fed by a magazine clip. Pistols normally hold ten rounds although you can get models that hold more. Unlike revolvers, pistols eject the empty casing after the handgun has been fired. While the revolver retains the empty casing within the cylinder until the user empties the weapon. Don’t expect either flavor of the handguns to be as accurate as you see in the movies. Handguns have notoriously poor accuracy and they take a lot of practice to become proficient with.
Some things to know about handguns:
1. There are two main types: Revolvers and Pistols.
2. Revolvers cannot be fitted with a silencer and do not leave the empty casing behind.
3. Pistols eject the empty casing at the time of firing but some of them can be fitted with a silencer.
4. All handguns are easy to conceal. They are normally carried in a holster which can be underarm, trouser belt or occasionally ankle type.
The assault rifle is at the other end of the spectrum from the handgun. It’s a lot bigger, fires multiple shots and is generally very accurate.
Some things to know about the assault rifle:
1, Favored by the military the world over, there is a great selection of different types and models.
2. They are usually very reliable and robust. They are also very accurate with an accurate range of around 300Mtrs or more.
3. Surprisingly not all assault rifles are made of steel. The Steyr AUG is largely made of plastic, it’s lightweight giving it an advantage over heavy bulky rifles.
4. Assault rifles are normally magazine clip fed with each clip holding around thirty rounds.